Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of A Sinner

"It is the confession, not the priest, that gives us absolution"
Geoffrey Chaucer

I am feeling guilty and unsure. These are not new states of mind for me, but today's dance is to a different tune. Today I have a tangible source for my guilt and uncertainty. I wrote an anti-Godblog blog, and the God blog people found me. They left comments (as you can all read), and while I was excited to finally have comments reassuring me that yes, some people do read my blog, I felt like I had committed a crime. A crime not only against these two women, but against Jesus Christ Himself. I, forever trying to appease and neutralize, left what I believe was a very polite response. I do not want to harbor these negative emotions any longer. I want to wash my hands of the guilt. I want to squeeze a dime size amount of anti-bacterial apology on my dirty hands, run them under the hot water of reason, sing Happy Birthday twice, and let that guilt run down the drain.

"On the right hand she had a tattoo of a nude girl
she claimed it was what God resembled
but on the left she had a mirrored image of the same female
and this one she explained look like the devil."

My religious teaching consisted of occasional Sunday school lessons, Catholic mass, and hip hop. I beg your forgiveness for my controversial questions of religion, but I still love my grandmother.



Photobucket

No comments: